Re: Simple Settings for Simple introductions

From: Bo Rosén <brosen_at_...>
Date: 22 Mar 2003 17:05:01 +0100

l�r 2003-03-22 klockan 15.17 skrev Benedict Adamson:

> > Without really knowing anything about it,

> Not a good start.

No, it wasn't, was it? ;-)
I don't know how to run a gaming company or how the industry works, that's what I meant.

> > I suspect what HQ needs is
> > entertaining ready-to-run adventures with just enough background to
> > intrigue newcomers. These adventures should *not* be about the fate of
> > the world as we know it

> In what way does Barbarian Adventures not do this?

Honestly, I can't say. I haven't played it. I'm not sure how difficult it would be for a narrator to pick up and run without access to TR and ST, but I do think it's a good start based on reading it. But is it a pick-up-and-play book? Probably something a narrator new to Glorantha can answer.

That said, I regret my original post - I fell into the trap of getting a little carried away and not thinking things through.

Cheers,

        Bo

--
Bo Ros�n <brosen_at_...>