Greetings. What was the deal with the Pharaoh?

From: Santo Sengupta <Santo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:06:29 -0000

Hey all..

After years of reading various Glorantha resources on the web, I've finally taken the plunge and bought all the new HeroWars stuff. Overall, I'm very impressed - and though I agree with some of the criticism in that the new game system is difficult for beginners to run, I've had a great time introducing new gamers to the system.

I just received a copy of the Intro To Glorantha book yesterday, and quickly devoured it's contests. Most of the information in the book I had come across before through various sources, but I was really puzzled when I came across references to Belintar, the Pharaoh.

(Well, Vithela and Teshnos were also amazingly mind-bending as well.. But I was sort of prepared for that.)

Anyways, I'd like to ask the Sages of the list these questions:

What was the deal with the Pharaoh? Where was he from? Was he a Man, Demigod, or something other? Asides from a hatred for the Uz, what were his motivations? Why did he oppose the Lunars? How did Jar-eel kill him?

Once I have a bit more time after I get my new campaign started, I have some insights into this whole Polytheistic religion thing I'd like to share with the list. Being a lapsed Hindu sort of helps with these things. ;)

Fear my Sheng Sheleris questions..

-Santo Sengupta
"It was very sad, but for the best, because he could one day grow a raccoon for a limb, and become evil. It's heriditary."