Re: Digest Number 1216

From: rjmeints_at_...
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 22:45:03 EST

In a message dated 3/22/2003 2:45:19 PM Eastern Standard Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

> From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Playing games in Glorantha
>
> rjmeints_at_... wrote:

> >I want lower level stuff like any of the classic RQ boxed campaigns,

> Like the Cradle Scenario, playable by Runelords, you mean?
>
> Or low Level like the Barbarian Adventures Blood Feud Episode, playerble
> by characters who are simple carls?

Oh my, I am truly ashamed. A statement made by me is taken to the extreme and now I am truly humbled by the fact that ONE scenario in ONE of the original boxed campaigns is played by (GASP) runelords. Here foolish me thought that I can say "any" of the boxed campaigns is mainly low level stuff and now I find out that I am a complete fraud. I should stick to collecting and leave the HW groups to the true thinkers, who can point out a single exception and bring my statement about the other 95%+ of the scenario page count of Pavis, Big Rubble and Borderlands crashing to the ground. : - )

As for Hero Wars/Heroquest being mostly "epic" in scale, I'm suddenly not qualified to comment. I'll leave that to Benedict. He can obviously portray the situation with a far more balanced and learned opinion. It's back to doing the layout for Borderlands for Volume IV of the Classics for me. I now know it's no longer my place to make such naively foolish comments. : - )

Perhaps I shouldn't drink so much at conventions. It makes me believe I hear Greg
talk about Dragons rising, Elves reforesting huge tracts of the continents, the
dwarven fleet towing a chain to raise a huge pyramid-like mountain, chaos gods switching locations, the return of Sheng Seleris, the reconstruction of Genert, Ice Trolls chewing
off a huge glacier to plug Magasta's pool, the supposed bringing down of the Red Moon,
and the bloody defeat of the Kingdom of War, just to sober up and have Benedict
so astutely remind me that it's all about playing farmers and women sitting on a peace
rug to work out their differences as portrayed in the "typical" Hero Wars scenario Blood Feud
found in Barbarian Adventures. : - )