Re: Re: Clarity to the metals and elements

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:02:16 +0800

At 10:42 AM +1200 22/3/03, Peter Metcalfe scribbled:
>At 09:28 PM 3/21/03 +0000, you wrote:
>
>>Let's see if we can get the ball rolling.
>
>>I still think that the presence of a temple (or even shrine) to the
>>non-cultural goddess Uleria must mean that this is a natural holy
>>site to her….
>
>The problem is that once you start speculating that the place is
>important to Gods, Kings and Heroes, the question then arises
>why isn't Apple Lane more prominent then? As it is, it's just a
>two bit village off the main roads of Sartar which doesn't warrant
>attention from Argrath.

        Gringle Goodsell does warrant the attention of Kings and Heroes, as a member of the Sartar High Council which includes minor examples of both, and I think Apple Lane has significance in as much as he lives there, and has his pawnshop full of significant magic stuff there.

        I agree that making other aspects of Apple Lane significant without Gringles presence is difficult, though. Any explanation of why Apple Lane is weird and important should be centered around the presence of Gringle. Some of the other odd inhabitants could be easily explained as having been brought there by Gringle, or arrived looking for him to get some special item and staid there when he didn't have it, and so on. I personally don't think the Tin roof is THAT weird, but if you do think an explanation of why its there is necessary, its easy to come up with one involving Gringle (ie a large quantity of Tin was pawned and never claimed by some dwarves, and Gringle eventually sold it to Bulster).

	Cheers
		David