RE: Camels.

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 04:43:06 -0000

Andrew asks:

> Keeping in mind the old joke, that a camel is "a horse that
> was designed by a committee" ... is there any chance that the
> God-Learners created some camels, seeking to build a good draft
> beast for crossing deserts?

Ironically, we used an old William Church illo of a man riding a camel to illustrate the "God Learners" article in "Wyrms Footprints" (p.25), lo these many moons ago...

I'm wondering whether, to people living in Dragon Pass, a camel is a Fantastickal Legendary Beast which only appears on the southernmost edges of their maps -- "Here Be Camels"...

Cheers, Nick