Mythago Wood etc.

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:20:25 -0000

Jane & Pradal:

>> Robert Holdstock 'Mythago' et 'Merlin Codex' book sequels.

> Totally agreed. If you ever doubted that the Other
> Side is unpredictable, complicated, messy, and very,
> very dangerous, read some of the Mythago books.

Newcomers should read "Mythago Wood" first, then "Lavondyss". The rest aren't as good, although "The Bone Forest" had its moments. (Holdstock told me several reviewers thought "Lavondyss" was too slowmoving  so he upped the tempo for the later books, going against his instincts... and it shows).

Jane -- if the "Merlin" stuff is Mythago-like, I'm buying. Is it?

Cheers, Nick