Re: New Campaign Questions

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 00:16:09 -0500

On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 02:10 PM, Doyle Tavener wrote:

> Questionnaire Questions:
> There are several clan attitudes that can result from the
> questionnaire. May all of these by taken by the players if they wish?
> Is their any cost to their other abilities? In other words, is there
> any reduction in their abilities (number or rating) from character
> generation as a result of taking these?

No. In fact, there's even a comment in the last paragraph under Create a Clan Profile about modifying keywords as a result of the answers. For example, for question #10, my players selected the Axe People so I ruled that the Warrior keyword provided an Axe Combat as their additional combat ability.

> Are there any effects (campaign consequences, rather than game
> effects) from the picking of a Heortling tribe, or is this
> fundamentally ornamentation?

Definitely! And you might also want to let their selections guide the final choice. My players chose the trolls as their allies for question #15 so I made them part of the Torkani tribe, the "Troll Lovers" right outside of Dakori Inkarth, a troll stronghold.

The online clan generator is being updated to match the one in BA and will include options and results not included in BA (such as additional questions and number of temples & shrines) due to space constraints.

Camo