Re: Moving to "HeroQuest" (or whatever) group?

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:43:27 -0500

Mike Dawson, annoyed with Yahoogroups:

> But if we're going to move or rename the group anyway, let's
> move to something where we aren't being
> bombarded with refinancing banner ads every 3rd page.

You can avoid the ads attached to messages by receiving them in digest form. You can't get any attachments either, but I think they're banned on this list anyway.

When you have to visit the website, you can avoid ads by setting the browser not to download graphics.

Both these approaches save a lot of bandwidth as well as irritation.

Andrew