Re: Digest Number 1238

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 16:08:37 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 simonbrayuk_at_... wrote:

<snip>
> The Aeolians are no more misogynistic in the whole than your average
> Heortling, on 15% of Heortling women run around having adventures, the other
> 85% worship Ernalda the Mother and run their households. The difference is
> that Caldvale is only one village or many, it is very average, definetley
> part of the 85% the other 15% are all off having adventures, living in the
> nearby Durengard and so on. If you look closely at the Inn Keepers wife you
> will realise that the other 15% is never far away.

What? No this is not the issue. Heortling women can do what they want. They have all the choises. The feel of the article in TT #12 is very different.

There's nothing wrong with traditional roles, per se, but the lack of socially acceptable choises makes all the difference.

> As Mark says these themes will appear in Esvulari:The Sword, The Word and
> the Mountain, you didn't think we would give Tradetalk ALL the goodstuff did
> you.

I look forward to learning more about them.

        -Adept