A Good End in Badside Part XLV (Adult content warning!)

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz.oliver_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 15:54:20 -0000

Now normally upon hearing an unexpected voice in my bedchamber I would have tucked tail between my legs and fled. However this was an extremely sexy voice and it had been a very, very long time so tucking was out of the question. Instead I did some quick thinking. If this person meant to kill me I would already be dead, so they didn't mean to kill me...or I suppose they might just have wanted to do it both slowly and painfully. Well it had been so very long that I decided to throw caution to the wind and see exactly what this person wanted. I put my best foot forward (yes that's the real one) and boldly approached the bed. I believe I said something asinine along the lines of, "If I'd known you were here I'd have hurried home."

When I regained consciousness sometime later, and no she didn't sap me she just wore me out, I was surprised to find her still in bed. I propped myself up on my elbow ignited my bedside lamp with a quick charm and looked down at my partner. She was an absolutely stunning woman, wearing absolutely nothing. Obviously a Pelandan from her colouring, if the perfect New Pelorian hadn't suggested somewhere in the Empire. She smiled a heartbreaking smile up at me and I smiled back. I said, "You are very, very, very good at that. So why are you wasting such talent on the likes of me? Who do you work for?" She laughed a beautiful trilling laugh and I forgot about my questions for a while as I reached for her.

Afterwards I said, "But seriously who are you working for?" She smiled again but I steeled myself and frowned back at her. This made her laugh some more and I was forced to smile. "What am I doing that you could possibly care a rubble runner's ass about? A professional like you, no offense, is wasted on the likes of me." She sighed and sat up cross legged. I manfully ignored the beautiful display this presented and put on my best no nonsense face. She looked serious and said, "How much do you love the Empire?" I sighed and remained silent and thoughful for a while. "I don't know how to answer that. The Empire does a lot of good but it also does a lot of evil things. For example why are we forcing ourselves on this rat's hole?" I shook my head, "I suppose I would be forced to admit that it's mostly a positive force in the world."

She nodded, " I'm here in Pavis keeping an eye on things for.." she paused and shrugged, "officials in the Empire." I frowned at her, "You're spying on Sor-Eel for Fazzur Wideread?" She laughed and clapped her hands in delight. "Very good but not quite right. You are every bit as smart as Fresser said you are." "Fresser?" I asked. "You know Fresser?" I was puzzled and starting to get scared. "You're a follower of Cora?" I squeaked. She nodded gravely. The followers of Cora are Moonson's personal concubines. They serve Moonson as spies and sometimes as assassins. There aren't very many of them so getting boinked by one's a great honour. Fresser's their head priest and something of a friend of mine from Glamour. I'd heard that he'd been exiled by Moonson for a bad joke he'd made at Moonson's expense during an orgy. Something about a full moon rising I think.

"So, now that you've blown your cover are you going to have to kill me?" I didn't have any illusions about my ability to defeat a naked Corean in combat so I was resigning myself to death. At least I could die happy.

To be continued.