Re: How many clans in a tribe?

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:52:45 -0000

With probably quite a bit of variation between tribes. Between the lunars moving clans between tribes, and normal variations, I suspect that although eight may be most typical, a lot of tribes will be very different from that. For example, the Curtali are made up of 'dozens' of small refugee clans, the tribes around Alone lost most of their clans when they fled there, the Culbrea have lost four clans and seem to have four clans left, several clans were attached to the Sylangi from the Balmyr, and so on.

Most of
> the clans are not named.

For which I am thankful. Making up clan names is fun, and makes it much easier when writing scenarios because you can give clan names that the narrator can use in whatever tribe is convenient.

--Bryan