Box Art

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:40:26 -0400

altfritz writes:
> Here is a link to the HeroQuest box art apparently previewed
> at the Gama trade show:
>
> http://www.fantization.com/GAMA03/GAMA2003_SJG1.gif

It's going to be sold in a box? Oh dear...

I hope that the rulebook will be available as a standalone product. The lack of ability to let people flip through it in the stores would seem to limit its sales potential, I would suspect.

What was the last "core" roleplaying product that (a) came in a box, and (b) sold at a decent volume? (By core, I mean the first product(s) that a person must buy to play a new game.)

I can't think of one myself...

How well did the /Hero Wars Deluxe/ box sell? Not very well in my neighbourhood (I believe I'm the only person in my city that bought one), but perhaps there's evidence to the contrary elsewhere?

--
Viktor