Lunar Handbook census ?'s

From: David Banuelos <midnightq2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:30:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I just started reading the ILH. Truly awesome. However, I do have a few questions about the Imperial Census boxes in the different sections.

  1. The populations always seem to add up to 100%, suggesting that virtually no one outside of the listed groups lives in those areas. This seems rather odd. I would think that, for example, there would be at least a few Darjiini in Kostaddi. It's right next-door after all. Perhaps we are to assume that these are the
    "in-game" Imperial censuses, and therefore not
    neccesaraly accurate. If so, it would have been nice to know who "really" lives where.
  2. I'm unsure about the use of the classification
    "Lunar", in the censuses and elsewhere. I was under
    the impression that the term usually refers to either Imperial citizenship or adherence to the Lunar religion, thus being more of a political/religious classification than a cultural/racial one. I figured almost all "Lunars" are also something else, such as Darra Happan. The censuses seem to suggest that there is an actual Lunar race. If so, where do they come from, who are their ancestors, what clothes do they wear, etc.? I can't find any description of "Lunars" in the book other than the Imperial citizen description.

Thanks,
David

"Why should you do that...

is something you should figure out for yourself."

          -Serial Experiments Lain

"I feel sick."

          -Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion

Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more http://tax.yahoo.com