Re: How many clans in a tribe?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 07:29:48 +0300 (EEST)

:The primary purpose of the clan fyrd is to protect the clan tula which
:is rarely served by marching off somewhere else, so the average tribal
:chief would be doing well to muster 1000 in one place.

A thousand fighters / tribe is what I've used too. This is what can be projected in a war. Propably the absolute maximum. "We sent all our fighters", as in the old clan questionaire.

Of that thousand 40 - 100 would be weaponthanes, and parhaps another hundread would be 'warrior' quality elites of the fyrd.

This at least off the top of my head.

        -Adept