Re: Desperately Seeking Sedenya

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 18:37:01 -0000

> Fair enough, but I thought RGTG explained this in a more clear
> way. i.e. They're all aspects of Sedenya, and Natha is merely
> the current aspect. Hence avoiding the 'Natha being an aspect
> of Natha' apparent problem.

Clear, maybe, but not canon. Sedenya, the Moon Goddess birthed by the 7 Mums, is not Natha.

> Still, if I want to know more about Natha in particular,
> where do I look? What part of the empire is the centre of
> the Nathic cult? I'm guessing somewhere in the Western Reaches.
> her image as a woman, half black and half white seems very
> dualist. Perhaps even Spol, although they already have Gerra.

When I first read 'where do I look' I assumed you meant sources, but then the rest of the paragaph implies geography. The Cyclical Power is widely-recognised - Gerra is part of it, as is Orogeria, etc, and the DH-ans consider Natha Goddess of the Second Underworld, while to the Arirae she is Jaga-Natha the Avenger and so on... So the answer is all across Peloria, then westwards and southwards (where Orogeria is especially highly regarded) and beyond.

All the best

Mark