RE: Sartar vs. the Empire

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:49:19 +0200

Graham :

> >Currently I'm browsing through ILH-1 and Moonrites to get an
> >initial handle on the Lunars and I have to say this map-scale thing
> >was something that jumped out at me on my first pass.
>
> The maps are wrong. The text states that Mirin's Cross to Glamour is a
> 3 day journey for a rider that can do 350 miles a day. The map shows
> the same distance at about 300 miles. Change the scale by a factor of
> 3, and everything works much better. And fits with the sizes Greg
> quoted me when we discussed this in private a while back.

Not all that wrong.

All things being equal, those travel times are correct ; all things however are NOT equal.

The texts assume that travel will generally occur in optimal conditions.

In fact, chaos monsters, wars, brigands, extreme weather, political factors, and et cetera usually prevent such ideal travel times to be effectively realized.

This is simply a question of GM Fiat.

That is all.

Julian Lord