Re: Re: Appearance of Red Moon

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:12:20 -0700

bernuetz.oliver_at_... wrote:
> Nick said :
>
>>> Hmm, but how do you have a dark side if the moon does rotate?
>
>> It's the side that doesn't glow red. It's *dark*, dammit!
>
> Err, but then it's always changing, so it's not always dark. What do
> they do move all the scary stuff to keep it out of sight?

I think the idea is, there's this big ball up there, okay? Half glows red, half is covered with darkness. It spins. It takes a week to finish spinning. When you look up, you see some moon that's glowing red, some moon that's black. If you go up to the moon, you can walk into the dark side, but (a) there's a lot of bad stuff there, and (b) you'll have trouble finding your way around because it's dark.

I recognize that this may not be the most common Glorantha, but it makes perfect sense to *me*...

--AMS