Re: Re: Appearance of Red Moon

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:56:03 -0700

MorganConrad <morganconrad_at_...> wrote:
> Since good Lunars do visit the Moon, it would be simple for them to
> tell if it rotates or not. Even "earth-bound" non-Lunars could try
> to spot any distinguishing features on it and then tell. So unless
> Glorantha is full of post-Modernists, saying "it varies by your
> cultural BG" doesn't cut it.

So tell me. Is the sun an emperor named "Yelm" who ruled in the Golden Age, or a weaponthane named "Elmal" who loyally served Orlanth throughout the Storm Age and the Darkness?

Corollary: Was there a sun shining on the surface world while Orlanth was on the Lightbringers' Quest?

People in Glorantha aren't postmodernists (except for Godlearners, perhaps). But Glorantha is definitely a PoMo world.

--AMS, who recognizes that even *mentioning* the Godlearners turns this into Digest fodder