Re: Appearance of Red Moon

From: MorganConrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 04:55:03 -0000

Andrew writes:

"So tell me. Is the sun an emperor named "Yelm" who ruled in the Golden Age, or a weaponthane named "Elmal" who loyally served Orlanth throughout the Storm Age and the Darkness?"

Aargh, Elmal, %$#&^_at_!!!!

Despite Greg's efforts, we can still agree that the sun is a yellow thing that provides light, rises and sets. A simple fact observable by anybody. As should be the rotation (or not) of the moon, at least by anybody with a 10X telescope, which includes vast numbers of people with Farsee.

The rest is mythology, and essentially unprovable in Glorantha. Gloranthans will debate why the moon rotates, if it is the same as Sedenya or merely similar to Sedenya, whether on holy days moonrock transsubstantiates into the body of Sedenya. But I don't see how they can argue over whether it rotates or not.