Re: Appearance of Red Moon

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:12:50 -0000

> Corollary: Was there a sun shining on the surface world while
Orlanth was on
> the Lightbringers' Quest?
>
> People in Glorantha aren't postmodernists (except for Godlearners,
perhaps).
> But Glorantha is definitely a PoMo world.

Not so fast - Even the greeks and Eyptians recognised that their very different religions were two different ways to look at the same thing, and even postulated that they were ultimately worshiping the same gods. No post-modernism necessery.

Finaly, I have a theory I've been hatching for a while now about Destix, the 'Black Moon'. We know that various people have chunks of the Red Moon on the surface world. Surely this will upset the delicate ballance between the Red and Black moons? Well, I'm sure Lunar philosophers have ways of measuring these things, and that everything is well within safety limits, and there's no reason for concern.

Suppose it's also possible to get hold of Black Moon stuff? What's that like? If there's quantities of that around on the surface world, maybe everything in the heavens is nicely ballanced. However suppose someone's stockpiling Black Moon rocks? The more they stockpile, the more Red Moon rocks can safely be brought down for mundane uses. But what happens if the entire stockpile of Black Moon rock is returned to Destix at their right moment?

Presumably these guys have magic that is also cyclical, but which is stronger during the black moon phase, and weaker during the full moon. Who are these people, and what do they want? What's their connection to the Black Sun cult, and why do they have such a big apetite for Corn?

All Hail the Black Moon!

Simon Hibbs