Re: Re: Back in town : rule questions

From: Frédéric Cloutier <dreaddomain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:31:39 -0400

>I think bonuses are better than edges (they give AP as well), but it
>is true that if you have an edge, your optimum betting strategy is to
>always stake 1 AP, purely by the numbers. Boring!

>I have always recommended ignoring edges except in unusual
>circumstances, and since HeroQuest is going to do the same, don't
>worry about this.

Simon Hibbs gave me pretty much the same vibe off-list. You convinced me.

>Then all you need to do is 28 AP and you reduce it to -100%! Each 7
>AP forgone gives a -1. They can add up.

errr... Obviously my thought process didn't go far enough. My idea was that "Hurt" in the consequence chart should probably be -25% instead of -1. The subsequent leap of logic that "hurt" in a trading APs for wound should be -25% as well was easy to make but nevertheless, as you point out quite clearly, was dead wrong.

>If your campaign is really high level, then perhaps Hurt should be
>more than -1, but I'd experiment carefully.

Well, I was hoping to find a rule that would cover the whole spectrum of power level. Do you personally use the -1 for 7? Another ratio?

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/