Re: Digest Number 1255

From: Bob Slaughter <rslau_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:41:08 -0400

> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:56:31 -0000
> From: "simon_hibbs2" <simon.hibbs_at_...>
> Subject: Moon Garde!
>
> I've been packing my games into boxes, ready to move flats
> at the end of next week, and came across an old copy of
> En Garde. Now there's nostalgia for you!

I loaned my copy out many years ago. It never came home. :(

> For those who don't know, En garde is a play by mail game of
> swashbuckling and carousing 3-musketeers style in 16th
> century france. However with just a little though it could
> easily be transfered over to 17th Century Glamour.
>
> Each 'turn' usualy lasts a week of real-time and the same amount
> of game time. Each week the characters can do one of a number
> of things - gambling, carousing, dueling, wooing ladies,
> buttering up Important People, etc.

For those who want to know more about what he's talking about, copies of the rules can be found online at:

http://patriot.net/~aquazoo/eg/eg_rules/eg_RlzFrm.html http://users.chariot.net.au/~duncelin/eg_rules/eg_RlzFrm.html

> I'm begining to get quite keen on the idea. Obviously a bit of
> work would have to be put in. Many of the game concepts would
> translate over with just a name-change, and YahooGroup would
> be a great platform on which to run the game.
>
> Any thoughts?

I'm interested.

--
Bob Slaughter, rslau_at_...     http://www.mindspring.com/~rslau/