RE: Playing Trickster--other trickster gods?

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:05:26 -0400

Andrew wrote:

>> Hmm, don't think I'd characterize Hermes as a trickster god. Thief,
>> messenger, herald, gofer, magician, yes. But a trickster?

>He seems to fill the trickster-role to *me*, but I'm not an expert. He's
>certainly the Greek pantheon's fast-talker, who gets himself and others
into
>and out of scrapes.

I guess though it's a pretty minor role for him.

I guess the question is do you want a prankster or a approaching Eurmal trickster? Like James suggested anyone can be a practical jokester but if you want magic to directly support that you might need a real trickster deity. I think the question still remains as to whether there are any benign tricksters in Glorantha.

Oliver