Re: Playing Trickster--other trickster gods?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:37:48 GMT

In message <a05100301bacdf6b0dcc2_at_[158.152.25.200]> Paul Andrew King writes:

>As I understand it the Heortling trickster has more of an accepted
>place in society than other cultures' versions. A bonded Eurmali
>trickster is probably more workable in a Heortling setting than any
>other trickster could be.

Judging by the stories I've read about Eurmal the key point is the bonding to Orlanth. Whatever the Eurmali does he is honour bound to his protector. So his pranks should not have a serious adverse effect on the character he is loyal to and should generally make him laugh. This mutual obligation is what makes an Eurmali difficult to play well and requires an Orlanthi PC who is willing to work with the relationship. In game terms I would see the Eurmali rather as a follower to an Orlanthi PC than a separate PC - or possibly a flaw.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/