RE: How do the Orlanthi feel about suicide?

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:55:53 -0400

Viktor wonders:

>Under what conditions is accepted? Approved of? Reluctantly understood?

I suspect suicide is too passive to see much approval among the Orlanthi. I imagine they prefer more proactive actions, like killing the people bothering you:-) But seriously my feeling would be that the suicidal attack is probably the most approved of version. I guess killing yourself to avoid kinstrife would probably be understood as well, e.g. a daughter is raped by her father and then kills herself instead of trying to kill him or getting him killed. (Sorry about using the "R" word but it was the best example I could think of).

Remember that one of the two pivotal rules for Orlanthi is "There's always another way." You'd probably have to be backed into a corner for suicide to be approved of.

Oliver