RE: Re: How do the Orlanthi feel about suicide?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 00:53:46 -0700

Rob Nicholls <mailto:gardengait_at_...> wrote:
> I think that for elders ending one's life is acceptable. I'm sure
> that there is a line in the Humakt write up in Storm Tribe which says
> that old folk may go near Humakt disciples to end their lives.

Yeah, that's there--but there may be a difference in Heortling thought between "taking actions that are likely to result in your death" and "killing yourself". ("Natural causes, Billy! NATURAL CAUSES...") Going near a Death Sword--which just means, I suppose, that Death has an easier time finding you, because you're right there--may qualify as the former.