Re: converting from RQ gamemastering to HQ narrating

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 00:35:01 -0000

or at least attempt to... One of the rules for doing the adaptations was that you couldn't change the original text, just provide HW stats/rules for using it, so while in one way it tells you how to run Apple Lane under Hero Wars, it might not necessarily tell you the *best* way to do so...

> try to find a copy of the Black Spear of the Colymar. i can't
> remember where this comes from/can be found/who wrote it, but it was
> the introductory HW scenario i played and, damn, it was good. i
> think it would be an excellent introductory game for your kids.

It was written by Robin Laws for a very early draft of the HW rules - it was used in the "public" playtests at Convulsion 1998 (so nearly 2 years before the publication of the rules) and several things changed in the intervening period. I'm not sure that it has ever been "officially" released (but I agree that it was an excellent scenario - Maybe if Issaries haven't bought it for inclusion in HQ then Robin could update it and sell it to Pyramid as a HW scenario?)