Re: Hero quests and volition

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 23:12:33 GMT

In message <16058.53450.101411.913523_at_...> Viktor Haag writes:

>This has probably been covered, but can people find themselves on
>a hero quest that they hadn't intended to start? I.e. can a young
>celebrant in a religious ritual suddenly find themselves on a
>hero quest?
>
>Under what circumstances might this happen? Would the celebrant
>be likely to survive? Would the celebrant suddenly lose sight of
>all his/her companions during the ritual? What would the other
>celebrants at the ritual see?

It's even possible to be pulled into the Hero Plane by someone else's Heroquest. I suppose the commonest situation is where an opponent is required by that quest and the most suitable individual on or near the Hero Plane is dragged in. As a random opponent makes the Heroquest unpredictable the situation is usually avoided by preparing an identifiable opponent. Whether the individual involved survived or not would depend on the quest and their opponent, I suppose on average there would be a lower chance of survival than a planned quest because of that lack of planning.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/