Re: Question(s)

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 16:19:15 -0000

All of that aside, I love having a rich background to work with, as it gives more hooks for adventure and more leverage for making things happen. Therefore I would want to play amongst the Heortlings, since between Thunder Rebels, Storm Tribe, and Barbarian Adventures we know a lot about them. Oddly enough, none of the classic RQ stuff seems to have really been set amongst the Heortlings (and yes, I include Apple Lane in that statement!).

With the right narrator and group I think a variation on the "These women need help" idea from BA would make sense, as the heroes could be drawn fresh from the farm, not knowing much beyond the next hill, so the narrator would only have to be a little ahead of the players in understanding everything.

For a more combat oriented group I'd probably just look at creating a heroband of desperate and violent rebels, giving lots of chances for fighting lunars, but also good reason to go and attempt to plunder rich treasures and to interact with weird and strange people for one reason or another.

Either of those campaigns could easily end up spending some time in Balazaar or Pavis, however.

--Bryan