Can Uroxi be "Noble" Savages?

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 08:42:48 -0000

Nick Brooke wrote:

> (BTW, I don't like Tales #18 attitude to Urox....)

Maybe my sensitive feeling is derived from my experience of playing Uroxi in Supplement Con. Though their sense to Chaos Existence should  be treated certainly as obsession and curse to their life. I  read "Storm Bullite" psychology in LoT. I think savageness and transcendence to normal society taboo  automatically equal to foolish bulliedness and bravado to threat, though certainly it is very difficult to playing the indifference to  his own life.

<<When you say that, Terra, what you're *really* saying is that you  don't like
the Greydog Clan's attitude to Uroxi. And that's quite alright by us,

because we don't think much of *yours*, either.>>

Definitely I don't care yours, either. :-) Recently I have learned  Talastari and Dorastor. And I take a fun from the stuff about King  Oddi, the tragic Illuminated Uroxi.

In Sun County, as a typical "virtues" of Uroxi, curious, prudent,  dedicative and practical. (Though certainly such virtues might be  ignored their frenzy and Curse of Sense Chaos. Maybe like Hercules  killing his wife and children.)

<<FWIW, we've found using Uroxi as beer-swilling berserk bullying  *villains*
is good fun, the same way the Taming of Dragon Pass game recast  Malan's
Humakti as scary foreign psycho killer mercenaries. It helps erode that

multi-faith "comfort zone" you otherwise get from seeing all the weir

aberrant cults as *the* prime "player character" choices.>>

I think Storm Bullites can be varied as "Storm Tribe" Humakti but  ignored.

 (For example Makla Manni who whetted his Sense Assassin to extremity for his liege's sake, for his "bad" master like Arkat. He can see illintention  everyone and everything.....)

<<And exacerbating internal conflicts within a culture is *fun* (in  games --

in the real world, it can be a bugger!).>>

I agree with you, certainly.

TI