Re: Digest Number 1278

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 15:11:08 +0100 (BST)

"Hmmm...having recently gotten a copy of RQ2 I went
back and read the intro and realized the first big thing to hit me about Glorantha was the Lightbringers Myth and decided I wanted it to play a more promient role IMG."

I have been toying for a while with the idea of creating a heroband of missionaries for Lightbringer cults who work to resist Lunar missionaries. The guardian being is the Ginna Jar role, the other six positions are filled by worshippers of the related cult with flesh Man as wild card slot...

On Sartarite cities please do not overlook Pavis and the detail in that campaign supplement, after all it is a Sartarite colony, built by people who were influenced by Sartar - if a little distorted by heavy Yelmalio presence. The city guide gives areally good description of how the city ring led by the chief are transformed into the ciy council lead by the mayor, and how the traditional obligations to the clan and vice versa become translated into the requirements and benefits of citizenship. All you need really is there.

I used the information there for a piece on sartarite cities for the Dragon Pass gazetter (final appearance subject to usual editing constraints) and we also consider guilds (which replace soe of the mutual assistance provided by kin in rural societies)

Ian Cooper
0208-672-0717(H)07970-411892 (M)0207-337-6217 (W)

"Give the kids tools, so they can go build their own houses; not the blueprint of what the houses should be."
Tori Amos

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer