RE: Dragon Pass Architecture

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:05:54 +0100

> > So what sort of motifs characterize Mostali or
> > Heortland architecture?
>
> Should it help, I believe those people who have used
> Knight Fort extensively modelled it upon a Crusader
> castle (Krak des Chevaliers).

I *think* that was meant to be a God Learner achievement, not typical of Heortland.

FWIW, I'd like Heortland architecture to look kinda French Fairytale Mediaeval: all those round turrets and pointy roofs, like a less kitsch version of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Stick'em on top of craggy rocks, too, for extra fun.

(Ever been to Carcassonne? David Hall used the tour guidebook as his version of Durengard, IIRC)

www.le-guide.com/eloimerle/photos/carcassonne.jpg http://www.arturovillone.it/foto/eymerich/carcassonne.jpg

Cheers, Nick