Re: Dragon Pass Architecture

From: Josh Reynolds <osentalka_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:40:29 -0000

> > > Should it help, I believe those people who have
> > used
> > > Knight Fort extensively modelled it upon a
> > Crusader
> > > castle (Krak des Chevaliers).
> >

>From what I remember the Knight Fort was established by Kethaelans.
(Aeolians since they're "Knights"? I'm not really sure when it was built.) I agree - Krak des Chevaliers seems like a good model (Crusader castle on the edge of the desert kinda thing). But I would think that castles are more a Malkioni thing than a Heortling thing.

Fairy-tale Neuschwanstein type castles are even more advanced. They're cool, yeah, but I don't buy it for Heortlings - maybe for EWF ruins, or God Learners - some more advanced material culture.

I like the Bronze Age slant of Glorantha - it's one of the things that keeps it from being another tiresome Tolkien clone. There's a place for Medieval European style in the West - and at least for -my-  Dragon Pass I'd prefer to keep it that way. To each (Narrator) his own (Glorantha).

Thanks for the input.

Josh