Re: Re: OT: Obtaining King of Sartar?

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 23:21:49 +0300

Josh Reynolds wrote:

> > You are fortunate.
> > I have been told by people who know more about this than I do that
> Amazon almost always lists books as being available whether they are
> or are not really so.
>
> Well, that's lame. And it's strange you're getting an 'unavailable'
> message, Jane. When I search they show 6 copies of the first
> printing, and 12 of the reprint. Ah well. Sorry to mislead y'all.

Different Amazons -- Amazon.com has it, Amazon.co.uk doesn't. : P (Of course, .co.uk *has* UTTOG, and .com doesn't, so go figure...)

Frex, I always use http://www.bestbookbuy.com, which is a metasearchengine for booksellers. Only US booksellers, alas, but running KoS into the system seems to show Amazon, Powell's, half.com, buy.com, BiggerBooks, and Barnes&Nobles with it "in stock" (plus a few "if you order it, we'll find it" hits). I've *never* had a problem with half.com, and Powell's is usually very accurate, as well. And Powell's ships internationally (if they'll ship to a village in Bulgaria, they'll ship anywhere!)

Cheers,

James