Re: Re: Roleplaying a Taraltaran

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 10:58:04 -0700

markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...> wrote:
> Given Greg Staffords earlier reply, I guess the question now
> becomes, are there still Taraltarans, and if there are what sort of
> magic do they use?

Possible idea, which might apply to other mystic schools we've heard about:

The typical Taraltaran is some plain-vanilla type (a theist probably), with feats and a secret like we're used to. But they all know that there are *real* Taraltarans out there, hard-core Taraltarans, the guys who say "there is no spoon" and open the inner eye and all the wacky mystical stuff. Maybe an ordinary taraltaran only meets these folks when he's initiated. Maybe he *never* meets them, but knows they're out there. And a Taraltaran character can eventually learn the inner secrets and become one of these mystics, but that's like learning a Great God's Great Secret--the character becomes unplayable, and is, therefore, removed from play.

What do folks think?