Architecture, Pavis

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:39:16 +0100 (BST)

It's perhaps worth looking at all those illustrations of the city of Pavis we've got around.

They show, in general, two types of houses in the city: flat roofs like those on the Mediterranean, suitable for a hot dry climate, and pitched roofs suitable for making sure the snow slides off.

I've always assumed that the flat roofs are built by people who are local, or have adopted local ways, and the others are built that way because that's the way the owners built at home in the Quivin Mountains, and they don't see any reason to change. Hence, we have lots of pictures showing typical Sartarite houses. Not very detailed pictures, admittedly, but they're there.

(The Pavis temple, incidentally, seems to be a stepped pyramid: wasn't someone looking for them?)

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer