Re: Where in Glorantha

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:24:25 -0000

If you do put this in Valind's glacier, not so far from solar lands, one twist could be that they were a solar culture of some kind (not Dara Happan per se), but first the sun failed them, then fire turned against them. If they know that Yelm was killed and went to hell, they may think that he _joined_ the forces of hell, and that is why fire is now their enemy. So they now damn the demon Yelm....which could make life very interesting if they were ever to meet the lunars.

Of course, you would stil have to explain why light came back. Then again, if the ice is thick enough maybe it didn't, and their light is from another source, say lava shine reflected off the ice, or some small number of fallen stars or something?

Another possible location could be north of the kingdoms of ignorance. Surely some of that barrier mountain range is volcanic, and I assume that eventually as you head north you get big glaciers. Hey, if you want world changing events, maybe they still hold some of the secrets that would un-curse the kingdoms of ignorance?

> Great idea about the "things trapped in the ice". Reminds me of
Heort
> and Ivarne as much as of Pandora's box.

I was also thinking of vague overtones of things like the movie "The Gods Must Be Crazy" (where a completely primitive and isolated african bush man catches a bottle of coke, I think it was), or the stories about the pacific island "cargo cults." As in, some of the things that come through they have no idea what they are, so they make up their own stories. Hmmm, for that matter it reminds me a bit of some "Paranoia" scenarios.

Another couple of random ideas:

This is fun :)

--Bryan