Re: Under the Ice

From: Frederic Ferro <Frederic.Ferro_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 12:14:28 +0200

A Skald from the Great Land of the North wrote:
>I like the suggestion of the Dara Happan city trapped under the ice. They
>could have been your standard Solar city following Yelm following his rules,
>social structure, etc.

They could be related to Solar cultures but still different from traditional Dara Happa. They have legends about another Domed city somewhere, another sanctuary made from Anaxial's Boat which worshipped a False Sun.

They might have some influence of that northern city which worshipped the Blue Moon, Mernita (?).

They could even have some traditions which are older or more "genuine" than Dara Happa, with a bigger role for some Green Age deities.

But they are also other cultures, Eolians or some Hsunchens (Penguin-Men on the ground, Snowbird-Men dwelling in the Ice-Sky in their own Nephelococcygia).

>Faced
>with this huge wall of ice heading towards them they turned to Lodril for
>help. Through his magics they managed to keep their city intact.

Actually, Lodril is only a servant of the Ash God, the true One Heat which came back in a new form after he married his Shadow. He is the God of the Black Rain which repells the White Death, he is the Secret Embers within the grey ashes.

>To an
>outside Solar they practise a weird perversion of the natural order with
>Lodril replacing Yelm and pretty much every Solar god is no longer
>worshipped. What have they replaced them with?

There are some "Star Captains", Aurorae Boreales in the Ice, Trapped Rainbows, "White Dwarfsuns", the Blue Streak and also some Blood of Antirius which makes a beautiful sparkling Crystal Forest. They sleep and dream, entombed in their celestial sepulchres.

One day, all those sleeping stars will be awaken and the White Sky will be changed into a new Dancing Aether, the Heat from Above.

ff