WOT:Lost Kangaroo Tribes of Prax

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:15:25 +1000

> > There's an australian Urban Legend that Kangaroo means "I don't know"
> > in some aboriginal language.

A more accurate translation would be, "Why do you keeping pointing and yabbering gibberish, you stupid pink kin-less bandicoot?" I heard similar things said while exploring the Wastes.

>BTW, do we know of any kangaroos in Glorantha? One of the minor Praxian
>tribes, maybe? ;-)

There's an illustration in an early TOTRM of the lost kangaroo tribe of Prax. I would suspect MOB's hand as editor.

Greg once mentioned that Australoid fauna was typical of some obscure region of Pameltela, but my memory escapes me as to where.

John

John Hughes

Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone (02) 6125 0587