Re: Kangaroos and Lopers

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 18:12:00 +0100

I gather they might exist in Pamaltela. Most likely in some relatively remote bit, such as Zamokil. It's where I'd have put them, had I been writing 'Rasout's Prey' instead of 'Anaxial's Roster', and had nobody told me not to :-)

>See: http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd6/1999.03/4044.html
>
>Peter Metcalfe said at the time that the Loper tribe aren't Kangaroo riders,
>and that he doesn't know what a Loper is.

This one I do know: Sandy has positively identified the loper as a moropus, a rather cool animal looking like a part-horse-part-tapir:

http://membres.lycos.fr/chuchote/cheval/ra_moropus/z_moropus1.JPG
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/1998/agate/moropus.jpg
http://www.commersen.se/djurtid/arter/udda/chalicother/morop.html

--