storm "worshipping" Pentans?

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 21:07:20 -0000

I recall in the RQ3 era Glorantha book, it stated that there was growing storm worship amongst Pentan tribes, and that it had reached 20% of the population.

In modern HW view of the world, Pentans are animists, so presumably this would not be worship of the storm pantheon.

Question 1: Does anyone know if it is still current that ~20% of pentans have moved from focussing on fire magic to focussing on storm magic?

Question 2: I assume that this would be focussed around a storm great spirit of some sort, one that also presumably has been shown to have relevance to Pentan myth. I just don't see this being Kolat, and there being more than one storm great spirit doesn't sound impossible. Does anyone have any info on what the practice great spirit might be? (I'm guessing something with a sub-title like "Storm Horse")

Question 3: Any thoughts on how the different practices would or wouldn't get along? "They are another tribe, of course they are our enemy, most of the time" versus "They are heretics/stick-in-the-muds and must be driven from our land or exterminated," for example.

Regards;

Bryan