Re: Taraltaran mysticism: HQ vs GD

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:55:43 -0000

> ...OTOH, long discussions that are on-topic
> (defined as sticking to HW material), but highly
> theoretical (e.g. mysticism in Glorantha), are asked
> to go to the Glorantha Digest, on the grounds that
> this type of entry is too boring or challenging for
> newer players.
>
> Is this fair to newer players? Are your attention
> spans any shorter than those of long-time players?
> Are you any less capable of discussing the issues?
> God, I hope not!

My personal feelign is that the orriginal question is eminently suitable for this group - basicaly how can someone, who has generated a Taraltaran Mystic according to the Hero Wars rules, play that character in Hero Quest.

What is off-topic for this group are esoteric discussions about the nature of Mysticism and how it might be treated in the rules, post-HeroQuest.

Unfortunately of course there is a crossover between these two topics.

I think the best answer is that the old Mysticism rules don't work, and if you do want to play a Taraltaran you're probably best off rewriting the character as a theist. Advice on how to do so would presumably e on-topic here.

Simon Hibbs