Re: Taraltaran Mystics: GD vs HQ

From: MorganConrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:23:23 -0000

Many of the posts basically say "mysticism is weird and incomprehensible, therefore too hard to figure out and play". But, in Glorantha we have a truly post-Modern world where nothing is "true", where I can readily go touch my God, where there is basically no disease and no unwanted pregnancy. And not many laws of physics. To me, this is just as incomprehensible as most mystical doctrines, yet we see plenty of discussions about them.

BTW, I would think that the Taraltarans are far more Sufi or Christian mystic-like than Buddhists/Zen. Since there is a God ultimately involved.

In any case, my question was just how to roleplay the character, especially as "Inclusive". I was very disappointed that only Simon offerred any ideas and support, and the other posts struck me as very negative. Whether she is truly "mystical" or "theistic" is 99.96% immaterial. Heortlings believe "Violence is always an option", whether that is a theistic belief or some profound mystical concept is irrelevant to the stranger they just killed.