Re: Re: Harvest info

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 15:55:49 -0700

Josh Reynolds <haji98109_at_...> wrote:

> Of course, for gaming purposes, the real importance of all this
> harvest detail is the enormous timesink for the entire clan.

In "King of Dragon Pass", your council would get very upset with you if you tried to raid during harvest time. Probably all the tribes pull back on everything else, so they can work on the harvest--which means your own weaponthanes can spend less time patrolling, too, since you're not as likely to be raided.

Of course, that means people who work by a different schedule--like Grazelanders, or Praxians, or above all Uz--would be delighted to raid right in the middle of the harvest. So don't relax *too* much!

> And as someone (Donald, I think) pointed out, there is a tribal
> market scheduled at the end of that week. I don't know how flexible
> Issaries (the deity) would be, but if he's really hidebound, that's
> going to be one empty market (unless it rains?).

I think Issaries is far the most flexible of the Heortling gods, if only because he's the one who has to deal with strangers the most. Besides which, he's hardly the most authoritative god--if Ernalda says "your silly market will have to wait until the barley's brought in", he's not going to argue.