Re: Re: Harvest info

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:00:37 -0700

BEThexton <bethexton_at_...> wrote:

> For what it is worth, modern sweet corn grows fine in a three year
> rotation around a veggie garden fertilized with no more than good
> helpings of compost, provided that you plant nitrogen fixers like
> peas or beans in the second year.

...but somehow, I doubt that even the Lunars have discovered crop rotation just yet--isn't that a fairly modern discovery?

If someone in Glorantha were to discover a way to grow a tricky crop, I'd grant long odds that they'd think of "kill a criminal and pour his blood over the altar of the Great Corn Mother" long before they'd think of "grow beans every second year".

Apologies if this is digest-fodder...