But the Digest has improved

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 13:21:27 +0100 (BST)

> Also, since this is a more responsive
> forum, with a quicker turnaround of messages, it is
> better
> suited to discussions of games that may be ongoing.
> If I had
> only had the Digest when I needed help with Nathan
> myths, the
> Digest would have een too little, too late.

You may not have noticed, but Graham has changed the Digest so that it comes out several times a day if there's enough input. And quite often, there is.

I suspect the problem with slowness may now not be the format, but
a) people who read email infrequently
b) the fact that hard questions take time to look up. I'm still happy to dig out obscure bits of KoS for people, frex, but it may be several days before I have time to do so, and no doubt others find the same problem. You *may* get lucky and find someone who has the exact source you're after memorised, or next to their PC, but the more obscure the questions, the less likely that is.

(sigh) all I want is access to on-line searchable ecopy of every Gloranthan source ever produced by anyone... it's not too much to ask, surely?

It's Samaritans' Week. Help Samaritans help others. Call 08709 000032 to give or donate online now at http://www.samaritans.org/support/donations.shtm