Re: Dungeons & Hoomanz

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:37:20 -0700

Antonio �lvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...> wrote:

> I've stopped here. I think the vexilla are not merely thieves, so
> they are looking for something else, or they are part in some
> conspiration. What are they looking for? Why are they attacking uz
> lands?

With Loonies, who knows? It could be a plain-old treasure hunt (perhaps misguided, because some lordling "just knows" there's some big, powerful treasure in there). It could be retribution for something the trolls did. It could be intra-lunar politics--some neighboring lord is trying to start a fight between the Uz and the local Lunars. It could be the result of some secret deal with nearby Elves or Dwarves. Perhaps the Lunars are working with some *other* Uz settlement which has a grudge against the heroes' home (which explains how they found the enterances to the caves). They could be trying to pressure the Uz into signing a treaty, or something similar (like arranging a marriage between an Uz hero and a Lunar godling). It could be a research operation--some university is engaged in a project on (for example) Korasting fetishes or Gadblad anvils, and has commissioned raids to bring back everything from some representative Uz cavern... Whee! So many possibilities!

> In the hooman settlement, I think there will be complications and
> difficulties with the original plan. Any ideas?

Possibilities: