Re: Donandar the Bard

From: BEThexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 01:12:53 -0000

Well, after the dawn, as I understand it, the lightbringer missionaries spread quite far and wide, and while they introduced Orlanth and his crew wherever they went, I'm sure that in most lands there were some memories of local gods that got mixed in (like Saird with their Bears).

Two areas that seem kind of likely to me are the northwestern fringes, where there is both a strong mystic practice and some big differences from the Heortlings (like viewing Loka-whachamacallhim as a saint and good guy, rather than as penultimate evil). Up there I think any sort of weird variation on the pantheon would fit.

On the other hand, amongst the primitive clans of Maniria I could see something like this being useful. They don't even form stable tribes very well, so knowledge would be easily lost, so something like that would be useful.

However....I don't think it would Donandar. I don't think truth is in his runes at all (doesn't he have illusion?). I could actually see some sort of bizarre sub-cult of LM doing this however. Wild truth-seeking wanderers rather than stuffy academics would be a nice twist on that cult!

--Bryan