Re: Orlanthi irrigation?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:03:30 -0700

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:

> Nor me: perhaps in the Storm Age, Orlanth's people
> were not living in Sartar? Somewhere with a much
> hotter climate, if irrigation was a Good Thing. (Hmm:
> mythic link with Aroka? Ending of Drought?)

In the GodTime, Orlanth's people lived in Sartar (rather, "Kerofinela"). After all, Kero Fin is the Holy Mountain, the mother of Orlanth. Just go on heroquest--you'll see that Orlanth's sacred stead is in the shadow of Kero Fin.

That said, there are *other* Orlanthi who have the bizarre, surely mistaken, notion that some other mountain in a completely different part of the world is the Holy Mountain. Perhaps *they* think the Storm Tribe used irrigation.