Meldek in our midst

From: Phil Hibbs <phil_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:15:40 -0000

Can annyone think of a cool reason why an Orlanthi clan might keep a Meldek sorceror around. I have an awkward player who insisted on playing a sorceror character in what was supposed to be a typical Orlanthi clan based game. He isn't even an Aeolian, his magic doesn't fit.

One factor that helps is that the clan in question can field the largest army of any in Dragon Pass, and the character has a mastery in "Military Genius".

I'm looking for plausable reasons to not have him killed.

Phil.
Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.